- It does not smell your, or anyone else’s, crotch. Ever.
- It only chases the cat if the cat runs first.
- It does not dine from the litter box.
- It barks at strangers and then quits when you let them in the house.
- It does not beg at the dinner table.
- It learns that you will not open the door until it sits.
- It sits in front of the door when it wants out.
- It comes when you call it.
- It leaves when you tell it to do so.
- It does not lick you unless you give it permission.
Numbers 1, 3, and 10 are the most important.
oh, and number 11: It likes you best.
Not that it’s a love contest or anything. But if you work out of a home office, it’s nice to have a creature that adores you hanging around.