I am now the Interfaith Spirituality writer for examiner.com. It’s not a paying gig although I do get a bit for each click. Go see what I did. So far just four articles but you can subscribe to the RSS feed and get them all. This is the fourth article. You can work backwards to read them all. Tell me what you think.
Archive for June, 2009
The one on the left is Abby, named for Abigail Schuto on NCIS. The other one was going to be Ziva, the trained assassin, but Jenny has a bias against boys with girls’ names and insisted he be called Zorro. When he’s really annoying, he becomes Zero. Here are some interesting kitten factoids specific to these two kittens:
- Maggie calls them Cupcake and Squidget
- Squidget, er, Zorro, has already been trapped in the refrigerator. Obviously he has figured out how to zip through doors when nobody is looking.
- I now compulsively check the freezer every time I open it.
- Because I scream so loud when they try to climb my bare legs, they are both learning the words NO and DOWN
- Good Dog Gwyneth thinks they are her puppies. She grooms them and follows them around to keep them safe.
- Sophie, the evil cat, is starting to be sort of interested in them. Mostly to hiss at them, but sometimes to stalk them.
- Abby loves to play. Zorro not so much.
- Abby is clearly the smarter of the two. Zorro is the lover.
- Unlike every other cat we’ve had, these two love yarn, sleep in yarn, climb on the loom, chew on the drive band on the spinning wheel. I think they’ll love it the next time I dye….painted cats anyone?