The one on the left is Abby, named for Abigail Schuto on NCIS. The other one was going to be Ziva, the trained assassin, but Jenny has a bias against boys with girls’ names and insisted he be called Zorro. When he’s really annoying, he becomes Zero. Here are some interesting kitten factoids specific to these two kittens:
- Maggie calls them Cupcake and Squidget
- Squidget, er, Zorro, has already been trapped in the refrigerator. Obviously he has figured out how to zip through doors when nobody is looking.
- I now compulsively check the freezer every time I open it.
- Because I scream so loud when they try to climb my bare legs, they are both learning the words NO and DOWN
- Good Dog Gwyneth thinks they are her puppies. She grooms them and follows them around to keep them safe.
- Sophie, the evil cat, is starting to be sort of interested in them. Mostly to hiss at them, but sometimes to stalk them.
- Abby loves to play. Zorro not so much.
- Abby is clearly the smarter of the two. Zorro is the lover.
- Unlike every other cat we’ve had, these two love yarn, sleep in yarn, climb on the loom, chew on the drive band on the spinning wheel. I think they’ll love it the next time I dye….painted cats anyone?